Position: Firmware Engineer
Daktari Diagnostics, Inc. is a Boston-based company developing innovative diagnostic tests for global health conditions. The core technology combines microfluidics with electrochemical sensing. Our initial product, a point-of-care CD4 testing system for use in HIV disease staging worldwide, will provide a CD4 cell count result in less than 10 minutes from a finger stick of blood, anywhere in the world. This handheld system includes a disposable assay cartridge comprised of molded plastics, microfluidics, integrated sensors, and chemistry, and a low-cost electromechanical instrument.
The successful candidate will be responsible for development of the software operating Daktari’s portable instruments. This position will report to the VP of Product Development. Ability to drive project through to completion is of paramount importance. Must be able to work independently as well as make significant contributions to multi-site collaborative efforts.
In more detail, the responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Define, develop, and test new features for:
- Electromechanical systems control
- Data handling and communication
- Vision/scanning systems for bar code interpretation
- Work with laboratory team to implement data-analysis algorithms.
- Design and implement user interaction and interface features.
- Work collaboratively with internal and external engineers developing the instrument hardware.
- Specify and implement source-control and maintenance tools and procedures.
- Perform all duties in compliance with appropriate quality system regulations.
- Degree in electrical engineering, computer science, or related field.
- 10 years or more of experience in the development of firmware for medical instrumentation.
- Experience with ARM processor architectures, USB implementation, and control of electromechanical systems.
- Demonstrated successful project management skills and the ability to contribute to strategic decisions, while driving detailed implementation plans.
- Ability to work independently in a start-up environment.
Salary commensurate with experience; potential equity participation.
Daktari Diagnostics is a dynamic, start-up environment committed to bringing the highest quality medical diagnostics to everyone, everywhere.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Please reference code RD14.