Location: Boston, MA, USA
The Wyss Institute for Biologically Inspired Engineering @ Harvard University
Duties & Responsibilities: The mission of the Wyss Institute for Biologically Inspired Engineering at Harvard University is to transform human healthcare and the environment by emulating the way nature builds. Developed as an alliance between Harvard and other premier academic and clinical partner institutions, Institute faculty and staff collaborate in high-risk, fundamental research and science-driven technology development. A major focus of the Institute is to translate the technologies developed by its faculty and staff into commercial products and therapies through collaborations with clinical investigators and establishment of corporate alliances. For more information, visit: http://wyss.harvard.edu/
The Wyss Institute for Biologically Inspired Engineering at Harvard University seeks a talented, enthusiastic and experienced individual to work with Institute researchers and faculty as a Project Manager. Reporting to the Lead Senior Staff Scientist of the Biomimetics Microsystems platform, the successful candidate will provide operational support to the platform’s organs-on-chips projects. More specifically, the successful candidate will assist with the day-to-day organs-on-chips operations including:
- Facilitating external communications with academic, government and industry contacts
- Working closely with internal scientific, purchasing, business and legal team members at the Institute to ensure project timelines and goals have been communicated and are being coordinated.
- Organizing and managing logistics for regular project update teleconferences or for in-person meetings including travel, events, agendas, coordination of project reports for regular updates, meeting minutes and follow up actions.
- Developing and implementing project management practices and aspects such as project planning, developing project specific milestones and timelines, project tracking and reporting on goals and deliverables to all project stakeholders, fulfilling project requests from project members or from the organs-on-chips external network.
- Responsible for the compilation and writing of presentations and reports defining project progress against timelines, identifying problems and solutions.
- Assisting in grant or collaboration proposal preparation.
- Leading the team recruitment process efforts in collaboration with HR by screening resumes, scheduling interviews, and compiling feedback.
The successful candidate for this position will work independently with minimal supervision in a fast paced, innovative and entrepreneurial environment. He or she should be able to anticipate and resolve problems and provide regular updates to supervisor on status of projects.
Basic Qualifications: Bachelor degree in Science, Business/Management, Economics or related field required. Minimum 3 years’ experience in project management or equivalent.
Additional Qualifications: Strong background in communications and relationship management. Experience working with or in the pharmaceutical industry is strongly preferred. Some science exposure preferred. Excellent planning, organizational skills and sense of urgency, with particular ability to prioritize work in an environment with multiple and conflicting interests. Must have proven ability to manage high profile projects with external vendors and executive stakeholders. Strong interpersonal and communication skills are essential. Proven project and/or program management skills. Team work is critical yet the ability to work independently with minimal supervision is also required. Ability to handle complex and confidential information with discretion. Competency using a variety of computer software. Strong scientific background is advantageous.