T2 Biosystems, founded in 2006 by renowned scientists from MIT and Mass General Hospital, is an in vitro diagnostic company that has developed a proprietary direct detection platform that enables rapid, sensitive and precise detection of pathogens, biomarkers and other abnormalities across a variety of unpurified sample types, including whole blood, plasma, serum, sputum and urine. Our T2 Magnetic Resonance platform, or T2MR, enables rapid detection of targets at limits of detection as low as one colony forming unit per milliliter, or CFU/mL. We are using our T2 Magnetic Resonance platform, or T2MR, to develop a broad set of applications that can reduce mortality rates, improve patient outcomes and reduce the cost of healthcare by helping medical professionals make rapid and targeted treatment decisions. The first clinical diagnostic products that we intend to commercialize utilizing T2MR are the T2Dx diagnostic instrument and the T2Candida panel, which rapidly identify the five clinically relevant species of Candida, a fungal pathogen known to cause sepsis.
T2 Biosystems was named to the FierceMedicalDevices “Fierce 15″ list in 2012, received the prestigious SBANE award in 2013 and received the Most Promising Company award at the Personalized Medicine World Conference in 2014.
We are seeking a talented and highly motivated Fluidics Engineer to join our T2HemoStat Product Development Team.
You will perform and lead product development activities including managing an external instrument design firm, working hands-on in prototype testing and development, development and implementation of specifications and requirements, documentation, and integrating activities across a multi-faceted program.
The position requires:
- An M.S. or B.S. in Mechanical Engineering, with min. 3 or more years of experience in an industrial setting. Preferably an FDA regulated environment.
- Prior experience with design and development of medical devices (IVD diagnostic instrumentation a plus) and product development in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
- Defining design requirements and specifications, developing, testing and optimizing fluidic or microfluidic devices.
- Directing and working with an external development firm and ensure integration with in-house development efforts.
- Design and development of disposable fluidic devices.
- Translation of assays from standard laboratory protocols to fluidic devices, including optimization and verification testing.
- Development of electromechanical interfaces to drive fluidic devices.
- Release of products in an FDA or other regulated environment, including risk analysis.
- Medium to high volume manufacturing of plastic disposable devices.
- Ability to formulate a plan and schedule for a complex project and drive it to completion.
You will need strong communication skills, effective cross-team interaction with members of the engineering and scientific teams, and willingness to work and the ability to stay focused in a matrix style environment. In addition, a strong work ethic, the ability to generate high quality data under tight deadlines, and a collaborative and proactive attitude are all “must-haves”.
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com, and include the job title in the subject line.
T2 Biosystems, 101 Hartwell Ave. Lexington, Ma 02421
T2 Biosystems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. You must be authorized to work in the U.S. No relocation available.